Friday 17 June 2011

because fuck you

So hey, I got a banner up. I went to a lot of shit, to get the background all lined up and pretty, and it turns out that Blogspot darkens the images (either that or something is major wrong with the values on my Photoshop).

The title, it's a misnomizer. You get it? Because it's not sexy and fun at all... ah, forget it, on to content.

Exams are halfway over! I have done terribly on most of them so far, and if experience has taught me anything its that I'm going to do pretty terribly on the remaining ones, too. God only knows what possessed me to choose Physics and Advanced Mathematics as subjects.

PERHAPS IF I STUDIED SOMETIME I MIGHT NOT DO AS BADLY ISN'T THAT FUNNY?

Apart from the Banner, though, not much digital art to show, at all. You know, exams, not as much time to play around with this pissy little tablet. I do a shitload of sketches. because I'm god-awful at lineart and need to improve (by my standards, anyway). I'll just post the sketch to the above digital art to prove that little point.

For a while now I've been doing quite a bit of concept art for an iOS game I planned to make, but in favour of that (it turns out that iOS coding is quite complicated, and I'm sure that ironing out bugs is even worse than digitally painting (it's monkey work, people)) so I've decided to grab some experience in Flash, first.

Doing a flash fighting game featuring iconic game reviewers. I know how to use Flash. Yahtzee and Jim sterling are kind the only ones suggested yet, and I only really got this downpat earlier on, so I don't have much to show you.

I do, however, have a few questions:
  • Is my theme too dark?
 Now, I like the theme as-is, a lot, because I'm all artsy and I'm into that kind of shit (lolno it's just that white text on a grayish-black blackground is a lot less traumatic to the eyes). However, I've heard some tips around the place that having a dark and angsty theme is frowned upon.

Which is fine. You know, emos.
  • Should I reply to the comments?
On my first post on this blog, I got some great feedback, but there doesn't seem to be a reply system on this at all, andlooking at other blogs they just seem to ignore people on post on their blogs.

Do you reply to the people who post on yours, or what?

Anyway, that's all for now - I do plan to update more regularly, with less text. Do tell me if I haven't broken this shit up to be less monotonous, I know its too long but hey - watcha gonna do? See y'all next time.

Promise not to upload so many crappy sketches.

20 comments:

  1. Wow the new banner really looks impressive. I wish I had ANY art skills.
    1) I think it's fine. The red banner + black bg looks good.
    2) I guess it depends, if it's a general question, you can always make a blog about it. Otherwise I assume replying in the comments is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the theme is fine it makes the text clear,
    also replying to comments is good and shows you are an active user

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could draw. really good stuff :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap that banner is awesome. Why not remove the background, save it as .gif and upload it, if that doesn't work try re-aligning the slanted pattern. It looks ever so slightly off and it looks like the pattern you've used for the background is re-sized. As if it's the whole page scaled down.

    Anyway, your theme is fine, this is the one I used for a good while :)

    I try to reply to comments if they're directly asking me something, but if it's just a general comment on an entry there's no point :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new banner. Regarding your questions:

    1) Yup. You can keep it dark, but please, add more gray.
    2) Sure, if it's worth replying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, hey, I guess I'll be replying then.

    Definitely agree with just getting rid of the default background. It doesn't really add anything and a slightly lighter colour scheme is in order anyhow.

    I could probably order everything to look more, well, more while I'm at it. A bit more colour wouldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark background isn't bad at all. And yeah, doesn't hurt to reply i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice draw! really nice blog.
    thanks for your comment, ill keep your blog in mind!
    +follow

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that banner is awesome man. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice header bro. I will be working on the demon girl you asked in no time. See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. like your theme, you should only reply if you feel compelled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice drawings!
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  13. That banner looks awesome! I wonder if I should make one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Banner looks so damn cool. I wish I was as artistic as you are. Keep up the awesome drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work on that banner, even if i could'nt read it first. Did you just make it yourself just with photoshop? I wish i could draw such things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like the sketches

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck on the rest of the exams!

    flash is tough, and takes a lot of time. but the hard work totally pays off in the end! so dont give up on it.

    and i reply to comments. mostly because.. thats... what i do? haha if youve commented on my stuff im sure that ive replied.

    ReplyDelete